My current contract (until February 2016) is with the City of Toronto. I am a Project Manager / Data Modeller, building an information architecture of the entire Solid Waste Management Services division. One of the fun parts is taking my camera to the high-tech facilities where waste is transferred and processed. Some other things I’m doing with my clients:
- Building consensus on common terminology, for better communications with Solid Waste customers, contractors, stakeholders and staff;
- Defining KPIs (key performance indicators) that are statistically valid measures of what’s important to the taxpayer and senior management;
- Analyzing the existing databases prior to implementing a Business Intelligence reporting system;
- Organizing a clean-up of a massive shared drive, prior to implementing EDRMS (document management software);
- Using colourful diagrams to tackle complexity within a 10-year information technology strategy; and
- Planning and managing the project, and supervising the work of various analysts.